Minneapolis Water Heater Repair
Available for Same-Day Water Heater Replacement
No hot water in your shower? You likely need water heater repair. At Plumb Right, our fully trained and certified technicians can service most major brands of water heaters, and can provide you with reliable solutions the same day you call in most cases. If you need to replace your heater, we offer many energy-saving, cost-efficient options that will get your hot water running as soon as possible. We've been providing expert water heater replacement & repair to Minneapolis and the surrounding areas since 1988 and are here for you when you need us the most! In addtion to our water heater repair, we provide expert general plumbing repairs!
Call (763) 401-8233 today to schedule a water heater repair in Minneapolis. We are available 24/7 for emergencies!
Upgrade to an Energy Efficient Water Heater
When you do business with Plumb Right, you can rest assured that our water heater products follow the latest Energy Factor requirement provided by the federal government. This means that when selecting a new system for your home, you get to choose from a variety of energy efficient water heaters that can lower operating costs and give you more savings. Our water heater replacement experts in Minneapolis can help determine which type of water heater will best suit the needs of you and your family!
When you choose us for your water hater replacement, you can expect:
- Professional installation with new water inlet shut-off; new gas inlet shut-off; new piping and connectors to water, gas, and flue
- Removal and disposal of failed unit
- All carpets covered to protect from dirt and debris
- Clean, neat and respectful technicians
- All work inspected by the local authority for proper installation and code compliance
The Best Customer Service I've had in 20 years!
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
Do you know when you last replaced your water heater? Is it more than 10 years old? Is your water bill too high? It may be time to consider a replacement. Water heaters have come a long way over the years and new, energy-efficient models can not only save you money but increase the value of your property.
In addition, if you are noticing any problems you should act fast to get a replacement or you may be left with the headache of no hot water.
Here are a few signs that you may need a new water heater:
- The water coming from the tap is rust-colored, muddy, sandy, or any other color than pristine and clear -
One sure sign that your water heater may need replacement is that the color of the water that is coming from your faucet is either reddish or has a grey-like color. This could be rust that has built up within the water tank or it could be sediment buildup. Contact our expert Minneapolis Water Heater installation team for the help you need.
- Your heater is noisier than normal and you begin to hear cracks, gurgles, or popping -
Water heaters will make some noise as they are warming up water for your home. But, if you notice that your water heater is making loud pops or cracks, it could be a sediment buildup around the heating elements of your water heater.
- You’ve noticed a leak or puddle around the water heater -
If you notice a leak next to your water heater, it may be a sign that your water heater is leaking. A slow drip can quickly turn into serious flooding and even cause water damage to the rest of your home.
Water Heater Removal
The water heater removal process can be simplified into the following steps:
- Turn off the Power
- Cut off Water Supply and Empty the Tank
- Disconnect Your Tank
- Remove the Tank from the Water Heater Closet
- Water Heater Disposal
Disconnecting a water heater is fairly simple, but be warned they're quite cumbersome. There will most likely be sediment built up in the tank which may make it even heavier so having assistance to move the water heater is advised.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
More often than not, it's relatively obvious when your water heater has a major problem. You either won't have any hot water coming out of your faucet at all or you water heater's tank will spring a leak and quickly start flooding your garage. Having a licensed Minneapolis plumber perform annual maintenance service on your water heater can help prevent the need for repairs and allow issues to be caught preemptively. Other times, the signs your water heater needs repair are slightly more subtle:
Common indications your water heater needs to be repaired:
- Lack of hot water -
Your water heater is designed to keep hot water ready for you and your household to use. Water heater's have two heating elements, one at the top and one at the bottom. If you notice that you are running out of hot water quickly, it could be that one of your water heaters heating elements has gone bad.
- Rust colored water -
Discolored water is a good sign that your water heater is in need of repairs. Owing to sedimentation, water changes color to a red'ish or brown'ish color. It's important to address this situation quickly as it can become a health hazard. Call one of our expert Minneapolis water heater repair technicians to come and clean out your water heater.
- Loud banging noises when in use -
As your heating system gets older it will start making odd noises. It's perfectly normal for water heaters to make some noise as the heating elements heat up your water. But, if you are hearing a loud banging or loud clanging, it could be a bigger issue.
If you notice any of the above signs, it's important to call our Minneapolis water heater repair experts at Plumb Right right away. We can effectively resolve the issue and provide you with a lasting solution. Most water heaters typically last about 10-15 years, so replacement may be the better option if you have owned yours for a decade or longer.
The Causes of Common Water Heater Problems
Having a well-functioning water heater is essential for a comfortable home, especially during the cold Minneapolis winters. But like any other appliance, water heaters can develop problems over time. Here are some common water heater issues and their probable causes:
- No Hot Water: This is the most common issue homeowners face. If you have a gas water heater, the problem could be a malfunctioning gas pilot, thermocouple, or control valve. In an electric heater, it might be a faulty heating element or thermostat.
- Insufficient Hot Water: If your water heater is not providing enough hot water, the tank's size might not be suitable for your home's needs. Other causes could be a damaged dip tube that's not allowing cold water to get adequately heated or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Water Too Hot or Not Hot Enough: This is often due to incorrect thermostat settings. Ensure the temperature is set between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit for most household uses. If the settings are correct, a faulty thermostat or heating element could be to blame.
- Discolored or Smelly Water: This problem often signifies a corroded anode rod in your water heater, leading to bacteria growth. Replacing the rod and flushing the tank usually solves the problem.
- Leaking Water Heater: Leaks can stem from several places, including a faulty pressure relief valve, high water pressure, or even a corroded water tank. Identifying the leak source is crucial in deciding the course of action.
- Noise from the Water Heater: Sounds like popping, cracking, or rumbling usually indicate a buildup of sediment at the bottom of the tank. Regular flushing can prevent this buildup. If the noises continue, it might signal a more severe problem, like an impending tank failure.
While minor issues can sometimes be solved with a bit of troubleshooting, many water heater problems require professional attention. If your water heater is acting up, it's recommended to contact a Minneapolis water heater repair professional to ensure safe and efficient resolution.
Commonly Asked Questions
What types of water heater services do you provide in Brooklyn Park, MN?
We offer repair and replacement services for most major brands of water heaters. We also provide general plumbing repairs.
What type of energy-efficient options do you offer for water heater replacement?
We offer many energy-saving, cost-efficient options that will get your hot water running as soon as possible. Our products follow the latest Energy Factor requirements provided by the federal government.
Do you provide same day service for my water heater repair needs?
In most cases we can provide reliable solutions the same day you call us.
Who is the Best Option to Call for Water Heater Service?
Knowing who to call for various home repairs can be difficult. If you need a water heater fixed, you may wonder whether an electrician or plumber is the more suitable choice. More often than not, it's actually a plumber that you'll be looking for in this case. For the most part, other specialists are generally better suited to handle smaller scale wiring issues instead of major installation and repair tasks like a water heater. Plumbers will usually have experience dealing with all sorts of hot water systems, so they can help make sure your home has the necessary connections and components needed. It’s important to do thorough research when deciding which professional to use, as there are top-tier plumbers and some who aren’t quite up to the task—you want one that provides quality workmanship and warranty periods with their services! Plumb Right is here for you!
At Plumb Right, our plumbers are confident in the quality of our work and products. As professional contractors in Minneapolis, we never give guarantees that we cannot keep. When we say we provide superior services, we mean it.
We offer the following guarantees for our water heater repair & replacement services:
- $100 No-Aggravation Guarantee- As our valued customer, you can expect efficiency in all our installations and products. In the event that your water heater has become problematic within the first year, we fix it for free with a $100 gift voucher that you can use for future services as our way of saying, “sorry for the aggravation”.
- Best Value Guarantee- We guarantee that our water heater solution from the product itself, service, installation, quality, and warranties is one of a kind. If you find another company who can match our offer for less, we will gladly pay you for the difference with a $25 finder’s fee.
- No-Lemon Guarantee- If the water heater we have installed develops a leak within its guaranteed period, we immediately replace this with a new water heater at no additional cost. This is our way of demonstrating our commitment to your long-term satisfaction.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- You can expect the water heater we have installed to be at its peak performance. If you find your water heater unsatisfactory in the next year, we refund your investment down to the last cent.
At Plumb Right, we are dedicated to providing you and your family with all your plumbing needs, including repairs and the most efficient water heater products available on the market today. Take a look at our testimonials!