In addition, if you are noticing any problems you should act fast to get a replacement or you may be left with the headache of no hot water.
Signs You Need an Upgrade
Here are a few signs that you may need a new water heater:
- The water coming from the tap is rust colored, muddy, sandy, or any other color than pristine and clear
- There’s no hot water and your pilot light is lit or your circuit breaker hasn’t tripped
- You notice the smell or taste of metal, which occurs when the inner tank begins to corrode or break down
- You have a large family or use a lot of hot water throughout the day, causing more wear and tear
- Your heater is noisier than normal and you begin to hear cracks, gurgles, or popping
- You’ve notice a leak or puddle around the water heater
If you’ve noticed any of the above, or if your water heater is continually in need of expensive repairs, it’s important that you not wait to schedule an estimate for a new water heater. There are a range of options to choose from, including efficient high-performance tankless systems, gas water heaters, electric models, and more. Each of these can be customized according to your energy and water usage, saving you the headache and stress of having to constantly deal with an underperforming water heater.
Don’t wait to schedule a service with our Minneapolis plumbers at Plumb Right!